(Audio reading available for those above who find that easier than reading)
So restrictions have now been updated in the UK, meaning that we now can have 6 people in our garden. Having people round for association means a perfect opportunity to get baking! Shout out to Delicious Table who gave me this idea with their recipe.
• 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
• 7 ounces of Brie at room temperature. Depending on preferences, you can either remove the rind or keep it on. I personally removed my rind.
•½ Crispy Bacon bits.
• 2 Tablespoons of cranberry sauce, any brand
- You need to preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Making sure it doesn’t rip, unfold the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface.
- Using a spoon, evenly blob cranberry sauce on the pastry, then use the back of the spoon smooth to spread it all about.
- Now, sprinkle your bacon and your brie all over, making sure every centimetre has a fair share of the brie and bacon goodness.
- Start rolling from each side, gently squeezing as you go, making sure it is nice and tight. Roll until both sides meet in the middle.
- Then, cover with clingfilm or greaseproof paper and let the roll relax in the fridge for 15 mins. This means it will be easier when you come to start cutting it.
- Once it has been properly chilled, take it out and start slicing it with a small serrated knife. It makes it easier if you first cut it in half and then slice those halves into quarters.
- Place the slices onto a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper. Bake for 10 to 15 mins until gloriously golden!
Great thing about these are they can either be eaten warm or cold! I hope you enjoy. Comment below how your Palmiers turned out x